Monday, October 3, 2011

Why It's Okay to Be Addicted to Pinterest

If you haven't checked out Pinterest, you should. However, you should proceed with caution. You might just get addicted.

Pinterest is a virtual pinboard. It lets you organize and share stuff you find online. You can browse other people's pinboards and follow your friends. Repin what others have pinned to their boards, pin things you find online, or create your own pins by uploading digital pictures or videos. Click here to read more about Pinterest.

I've used Pinterest for a few months, since some friends convinced me to check it out. I actually planned my daughter's 4th birthday party based on the great ideas I found on Pinterest. I've mostly used Pinterest for personal interests, but several of my friends pin school-related ideas. A colleague recently shared an article with me in which a teacher describes how she uses Pinterest to find literacy ideas.

Click the link below to read the article.
Angela Bunyi: Finding Literacy Inspiration: Why It's Okay to Be Addicted to Pinterest | Top Teaching

My favorite thing about this article is the way the author describes replacing outdated lists of links with visual pinboards. There are so many possibilities for creating and organizing ideas onto pinboards. Create a pinboard for each subject area or topic you teach. Pin classroom management ideas. Find new blogs to read and people to follow.

Happy pinning!

(Thank you Cierra Winstead for sharing this article with me! And thank you Michael Lemke and Brooke Simpson for sharing your addiction to Pinterest with me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment